Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
will soon be restricted, which will severely hinder how your business communicates
The countdown is on
For those businesses waiting to act, it’s time. The retirement of the copper wire network is accelerating at pace and is affecting the operations of thousands of businesses already. 8% of telephony exchanges have stop sell notifications on them and by September 2023 all telephone exchanges will be under order restriction.rnrnStop Sell restricts the usage of certain products where there are plans to later withdraw them. This means:
- No new lines, channels or copper-based broadbands can be installed
- No additions of lines and channels to existing installs
- Broadband bandwidths cannot be modified or improved
ISDN replacement services
The solution doesn’t just solve the problem, it improves how businesses communicate. Hosted telephony (also known as Cloud Telephony or VoIP) is designed to give businesses the ability to make calls over fibre broadband, rather than traditional phone lines. It’s already widely used across the UK and as well as coming with an abundance of features is usually cheaper, easier to maintain and greener.
- Digital phone lines that transmit voice calls digitally over an internet connectionalso known as Voice Over the Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Hosted phone system also known as cloud solutions, that moves your phone system to the internet
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunks may extend the life of your existing phone system, by enabling voice traffic to be carried over a dedicated broadband connection.
We can help you find the best solution for your business.rnrnIf moving from one phone system to another wasn’t complicated enough, there are other technologies that could be affected.
- Card payment terminals
- Door entry access systems
- Alarm system
- Fax machines
ISDN Timeline Switch Off Countdown